Greenwood County Government facilities are closed to the public. View details and a complete list of county facility closings  here


Greenwood County Facility Telephone Numbers


Coronavirus Disease COVID-19 Information

Registration Information

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
You may check the status of your voter registration at the following link:

College Voting Prep Guide can be accessed by clicking here.

Military/ Overseas Absentee Aplication can be accessed by clicking here.

You are qualified to vote in Greenwood County if you meet the following requirements:

  • You are a US citizen.
  • You are eighteen (18) years old.
  • You are a legal resident of Greenwood County.
  • You have not been declared mentally incompetent by a court of law.
  • You are not currently serving a sentence for a felony conviction.
  • You have not been convicted of a felony or offense against the election laws, or if previously convicted, have served the entire sentence, including probation or parole, or have received a pardon for the conviction.


  • The Greenwood Voter Registration Office, Suite 113, Park Plaza, 600 Monument Street.
  • Department of Motor Vehicles
  • Department of Social Services
  • Department of Public Health
  • A mail form can be obtained at the following link : Click here.
  • You may also register to vote online.
  • You may also call the Voter Registration Office at 864-942-8585 and we will mail you the proper form.

You must be registered at least thirty (30) days prior to any election in order to vote in that election. Mail applications must be postmarked at least thirty (30) days prior to an election to qualify to vote in that election.

Once a person has registered to vote, they do not have to re-register. However, if you fail to vote in two (2) general election cycles, the state may make your registration inactive.

Should you lose, misplace, or accidentally destroy your voter registration card, a duplicate card is available upon request at no charge.

If a voter moves to this county from another county in South Carolina, he or she must re-register.

If a voter moves from one precinct to another precinct within Greenwood County, the voter must change his or her address with the Voter Registration Office. This may be accomplished by using any one of the following options:

  • Fill in the back of your voter registration card with the new information and mail it to us at the address listed on this website.
  • Fill out the information on the change of address form and mail it to us . Click here.
  • Call our office at 864-942-8585 and we will mail you a change of address form.
  • Change your address online.  Click here
  • You may also fill out the necessary forms at the Department of Motor Vehicles, the Department of Social Services, or the Department of Public Health.