Click on specific job link below to see documents required for application process. Applicants failing to submit all required documents for application process will not be considered.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$48,627 - $72,941
- Posted Date:05/20/2020 5:20 PM
- Deadline to Apply:06/04/2020 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Emergency Medical Services
JOB REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION/SPECIAL SKILLS and/or TRAINING: Preferred Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Paramedic certification for three years plus five years of EMS experience. Must be in good physical health. Must possess a valid state driver's license.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES:
- SC Paramedic Certification
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Certifications in ACLS and CPR
- Supervises Crew Chiefs, EMT's, Paramedics and Senior Paramedics on assigned shift; supervisory duties include scheduling; instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems and recommending employee disciplinary action as appropriate. Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers on-the-job training, advice and assistance as needed. Processes employee payroll paperwork.
- Ensures crew compliance with established medical protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Completes required records and forms documenting patient treatment. Collects, reviews and submits reports prepared by subordinates; ensures that reports are accurate and properly completed.
- Responds to emergency calls, providing basic and advanced life support treatment to patients, as well as transportation to appropriate medical facilities. Assesses the condition of patients and makes decisions regarding proper courses of action. Performs such duties as CPR, cardiac monitoring, medication calculation and administration, splint application, wound treatment, control of bleeding, monitoring and relaying of vital signs, oxygen and IV therapy administration, sterile suctioning, intubation, defibrillation, ECG monitoring, 12 lead interpretation and the management of cardiac arrest and severe trauma patients. Performs extrication of victims from wreckage as necessary.
- Assures rescue equipment is maintained and in proper working order.
- Assists with the inspection and maintenance of emergency vehicles and the auditing of daily supply and equipment inventory; restocks equipment in preparation for subsequent medical responses and shifts.
- Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits various documents including daily schedules, daily logs, vehicle maintenance logs, patient treatment and insurance records, supply requisitions, inventory lists, check sheets, incident reports, memos and correspondence and employee evaluations.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals within the County and others such as DHEC inspectors, Poison Control Centers personnel and the general public.
- Monitors and initiates radio communications with dispatch center, hospital personnel and other public safety agencies to receive and to transmit instructions involving patient care.
- Cleans and disinfects ambulance; performs routine maintenance and safety checks; repairs damaged equipment.
- Promoting and maintaining a harmonious working environment among employees/workers.
- Performs related work as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants interested in the above position should complete an Application for Employment, attach a current resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person at 600 Monument Street, Park Plaza, Room 102.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER