Click on specific job link below to see documents required for application process. Applicants failing to submit all required documents for application process will not be considered.
EMT - 4 Day/Week - 10 Hour Transport
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$29,853 - $44,780
- Posted Date:11/20/2019 2:45 PM
LOCATION: Emergency Services
Job is 4 Day/Week - 10 Hour Transport (Tuesday - Friday) 9 A - 7 P. Job is open until filled.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by EMT courses/training equivalent. No prior experience is required.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS and LICENSES:
- SC EMT-Basic Certification
- CPR Certification
- Valid SC Driver's License
- Responds to emergency calls, providing basic life support treatment and first aid to patients, as well as transportation to appropriate medical facility. Obtains patient medical history if possible, assesses physical condition of patients and assists in making decisions regarding proper courses of action. Performs such duties as CPR, splint application, wound treatment, control of bleeding, monitoring and relaying of vital signs, oxygen administration and sterile suctioning.
- Operates an ambulance and a wide range of life-saving/life supporting equipment, tools, generator, safety gear, siren, medical treatments, radio and supplies.
- Communicates via radio with radio dispatch center, hospital personnel and other public safety agencies to receive and to transmit instructions involving patient care. Provides instructions to first responders and bystanders in the use of first aid equipment.
- Completes required records and forms documenting patient treatment.
- Assists with the inspection and maintenance of emergency vehicles and the performing of daily supply and equipment inventory; restocks and cleans/decontaminates equipment in preparation for subsequent medical responses and shifts. Performs safety checks of ambulances and assures that routine maintenance is performed.
- Receives, reviews, prepares and/or submits various documents including daily logs, vehicle maintenance logs, etc.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, co-workers, other County department staff, law enforcement personnel, etc.
- Attends in-service training as required to maintain certification. Assists with new employee orientation/training.
- Transports patients to other facilities and home.
- Performs related work as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants interested in applying for the above position should complete an Application for Employment, attach a current resume and email to email@example.com or submit in person at 600 Monument Street, Park Plaza, Room 102.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER