Click on specific job link below to see documents required for application process. Applicants failing to submit all required documents for application process will not be considered.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$27,078 - $40,616
- Posted Date:09/11/2019 6:14 PM
- Deadline to Apply:09/25/2019 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Treasurer's Office
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent supplemented by specialized courses/training equivalent to completion of one year of college degree in accounting or office technology. Requires one year experience in general accounting and accounts payable OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Special Tax District Functions:
- Generate and distributes monthly reports to Special Tax District subdivisions.
- Assist subdivision Commissioners with questions and other reports they may require.
- Update new STD Commissioners, mail letters to Commissioners whose terms are expiring, asking for nominations for new Commissioners.
- Prepare agenda request for County.
- Inform new commissioners of their approval and maintain commissioners spread sheet.
- Request, receive, and record STD Budget Requests.
Purchasing Card Program:
- Administers County Purchasing Card Program
- Reviews charges for department head approval and compliance with county policy.
- Assist customers that come to the front lobby with payments for invoices the County bills to them.
- Type them a receipt and keep receipt with their form of payment and lock it in the file cabinet up front.
- Process and mail letters out to request W-9 forms from new vendors monthly.
- Mail W-9 form and W-9 instruction sheets, with self address, stamped envelope to new vendor.
Maintain spread sheet and record with vendor federal ID numbers.
Additional duties include:
- Opens mail daily and posts all checks and cash payments on an Excel spread sheet.
- Orders office supplies as needed for Treasurer's office.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties including answering phones, copying, filing, processing and preparing mail, and maintaining files.
- Generates journal entries for utility bills. Coordinates with department heads to make sure they are approved and coded correctly and enters them into accounting system.
- Reviews and updates accounting ledgers verifying and posting account transactions.
- Reviews records on a periodic basis according to retention policy schedules necessary destruction and remits reports to SC State Archives. Also archives vendor information.
- Backup for Workers Compensation employee and public injuries on County property.
- Assist with setting up doctor appointments, filling out necessary paper work and directing it to the correct facilities and the Worker's Compensation Administrator.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants interested in the above position should complete an Application for Employment, attach a resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit in person at 600 Monument Street, Park Plaza, Room 102, Greenwood, SC 29646.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER