Click on specific job link below to see documents required for application process. Applicants failing to submit all required documents for application process will not be considered.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$44,107 - $66,160
- Posted Date:01/09/2020 4:45 PM
- Deadline to Apply:02/21/2020 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Planning Department
MINIMUM EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in business, liberal arts, or urban planning. Requires two years of planning experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Assists individuals and developers with land use planning and processes.
- Reviews, analyzes, and submits recommendations on rezoning applications.
- Serves on Planning Commission and City of Greenwood Board of Architectural Review.
- Prepares reports, narratives, and other descriptive documents for planning purposes.
- Reviews and stamps plats of subdivisions and approves manufactured home permits.
- Assists with amendments to various ordinances.
- Issues Code Clearance and Zoning Compliance forms.
- Makes public presentations.
- Chairs the Greenwood County Utility Coordinating Committee.
- Assists with ordinance revisions.
- Performs related work as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants interested in applying for the above position should complete an Application for Employment, attach a resume and email to email@example.com or submit in person at 600 Monument Street, Park Plaza, Room 102, Greenwood, SC 29646.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER