Click on specific job link below to see documents required for application process. Applicants failing to submit all required documents for application process will not be considered.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$28,431 - $42,647
- Posted Date:02/13/2019 5:24 PM
- Deadline to Apply:02/28/2019 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Assessor's Office
Minimum Education and Work Experience Required: Associate's Degree in a related field with two or more years of prior work experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of an Administrative Assistant. Prior knowledge and experience in a government office/entity as well as prior experience with the geographical information system database preferred.
Essential Functions: Effectively communicates with the public, co-workers and other department employees in person, via telephone, email and fax, responding to inquiries and requests for information from the public, town officials, and other municipalities, providing excellent customer service.
Must be able to work in high pressure situations and multi-task as necessary, with the ability to take initiative as well as work independently.
Responsible for various administrative duties essential to the function of the Assessor's office including but not limited to:
- Oversees the daily administrative activities of the department with the ability to investigate requests for abatements and exemptions of property tax.
- Organizes and maintains the current filing system; faxing and copying. Processes invoices and reconciles vendor statements.
- Proficiency in performing data entry tasks such as typing, word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to be cross-trained on various other job duties in the department.
- Assists with payroll entry each period.
- Performs related work as assigned.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants interested in applying for the above position should complete an Employment Application, attach a current resume and email same to email@example.com or submit in person at 600 Monument Street, Park Plaza, Room 102, Greenwood, SC 29646.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER